Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Big Rally In The Dollar



Today the dollar made a nice move to the upside. As you can see in the above chart the dollar has taken out the highs of the last seven days in just one day! I consider that significant especially when you look at the lower chart.

Below is a weekly chart of the U.S. Dollar and as you can see the dollar is forming a potential weekly bullish engulfment at a time that the dollar is very oversold.. I know it's only Wednesday and anything can happen from now until Friday's close, but if the dollar holds onto its gains, a weekly bullish engulfment will be formed.




I've been long both Gold and the Euro and I exited all of my long positions today at a profit. Today's move in the dollar could be the beginning of something and I am locking in my profits in Gold and the Euro while I have them.

2 comments:

gurlate said...

kevin:
regarding forex, why does my broker website say that "forex trading is very risky etc etc"
i use interactive broker and i want to convert some of my dollar cash into euro cash..where is the risk in that i don't get it (at least it is as risky as holding dollars)
thx

Kevin said...

It's called a disclaimer that all brokers have to make potential clients aware of by law...At the bottom of every financial blog including my own, you will find a disclaimer.

Trading in general is risky and you really need to know what you are doing because you can lose money.

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites