Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Stocks Gap Higher But Close On Their Lows


Today the stock market gapped open higher but was met with selling which continued throughout the day. As you can see in the above chart, the S&P500 opened at a new high for the year but ended the day closing on the low. Being that I am long stocks, I am not too happy with today's price action.

In the lower panel is the RSI indicator which is now showing a "POTENTIAL" bearish divergence.  I stress the word "potential" because this bearish technical setup is NOT confirmed.

Here's how I am going manage my current long position in the market. If stocks continue higher, I will stay long but if I see weakness such that the lows from last Friday are taking out, I will exit a portion of my long position and then look to get back in on the next dip. Lets see how things unfold.

No comments:

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites