Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stocks Continue To Sell Off


This is the fourth consecutive day that the stock market has closed lower and is now testing the .618 retracement level. I actually bought a few things today at around 1:00 based on a short-term 5 minute inverse head and shoulders pattern. The market did rally for about an hour but then sold off into the close making new lows for the day.

Surprisingly the stocks I bought didn't sell off that much and are holding up quite nicely (for now). I bought a few of the international ETFs as they are clearly showing relative strength vs. the S&P.

If the S&P continues to sell off tomorrow, I may just exit my position regardless if they are holding up well or not. If on the other hand the S&P does bounce off of the .618 retracement level and begins to rally, I may add to my position. For now the momentum is clearly to the downside and I do not want to fight the market for more than a day. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites