Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stock Market - What's Next


Stocks were down today which is what I've been expecting but now I am looking for a place to get long. Above is a 60 min chart of the S&P500 along with the MACD indicator in the lower panel. You'll notice that the market is now trading at the 50% retracement level. What I would like to see is some kind of bottoming action to take place at roughly the 50% or .618% retracement levels.

One way to time into the long trade might be to simply wait for the MACD on the 60 minute chart to give a buy signal. If I see that happen, I'd look to get long stocks.  Instead of buying the S&P I'd rather buy stocks that have been showing relative strength.  Lets see what happens tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, kevin. Really like Bidu. Keep up the good work on the blog. I read it everyday. Your insight is greatly appreciated.

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites