Monday, March 24, 2008

NASDAQ Update



Big day for the NASDAQ today as the Q's rallied almost 3.5%. I've been short this market based on the symmetrical triangle pattern and exited the trade this morning at a loss.

In the lower pain in the above chart is a ratio line of the NASDAQ vs the S&P. As you can see the ratio line has been rising since late February even though the NASDAQ has been moving lower. This was an indication to me that I might be on the wrong side of the market and that is why I tightened up my protective stop 11 days ago. Looking back I guess I should have just exited the trade when I saw the rising ratio line.

I'm not sure what to think right here so I will remain on the sidelines and just wait for some kind of setup to take place. Below is an interesting chart of the S&P with a potential double bottom formation.

No comments:

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites