Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Utility Stocks Breaking Out?



About a week ago I posted a few comments about my list of potential longs in the stock market. Since then many of the stocks on my list have broken their uptrend which means I won't be buying them, however there is one group of stocks on my list which is showing some bullishness.

Above is a daily chart of the Utility index and below that is the S&P. Notice how the S&P has been trending lower from October 22nd until now while the UTY index is trending higher. This tells me that money is moving into utility stocks. Also notice that the UTY index is very close to making a new 52 week high. I am long a few utility stocks as of today with the hopes that this index will bust through the year high...we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

qwerty said...

Good post. How about the consumer staples.. I believe they also start to move when the general growth and value companies start to get hit.

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites