Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Resistance Holds In The Dow




Today was a down day in the market as the Dow Jones Industrials fell 148 points. As you know I bought the Diamonds (DIA) yesterday at the open and I took it off today near the close at a loss.

The reason I bought DIA is because of the tendency for stocks to rally the 2nd week of the month. Stocks may very well rally the rest of the week closing higher on Friday than where they opened yesterday, but I'm already out of the trade. I keep my losses small and my stops tight.

As you can see the Dow held overhead resistance and turned lower today on an increase in volume. In fact, if you look at QQQQ and SPY you will see increases in volume there as well.

It will be interesting to see how the market closes this week.

1 comment:

Suge Knight said...

I agree, it will be interesting to see how the market closes this week.

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites