Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Positions I Am Holding Right Now

I received two emails asking me what positions I am holding at the moment so I will discuss them here.

I am short this market...I have reits, airlines banks and some financials short and they are all showing a profit so far. I am short based on the bond market trending lower and interest rates moving higher.

I am long DIA's which I bought yesterday on the open and I am down about a dollar on this trade. I will exit this long position on Friday's close but if the market falls apart I will exit sooner. I have this long DIA position on as a hedge against my short position just in case this market rallies.

I am long silver which is now against me and I am also long the Aussie Dollar which is doing very nicely so far. There you have it, my trades.

Let me just remind you that the above trades are not recommendations for you to take in your own account. The above trades reflect my view on the market and how I am trading what is currently going on in the marketplace.

8 comments:

stakeholder said...

Another thanks for the fantastic blog you provide. The Bond watch is working for me. Now that CNBC (Pisani) woke the world up to your method today...probably change things up!

Kevin said...

Pisani is usually the kiss of death...When he notices something the move is just about over!

I still think stocks will move lower into at least August...we'll see if my forecast is correct.

Jim said...

Do you have a view, short-term, on bonds, Kevin?

Kevin said...

Actually I do...I'll post about it tomorrow..I think you might find it interesting..

Guppy Galaxy said...

Kevin,

For some market sector such as REITS, airline, financial, how do you do the trade ? Do the ETF, selected stock or option ?

Similarly for currency such as Canadian/Australia, how you do the swing trade ?

Kevin said...

For the reits you can do IYR and some select stocks. Same thing applies to the financials. I'm not trading options right now..

For the currencies I have a friend who is a currency trader and I have him take care of my currency trades...you'll need to open a forex account.

There are ETFs for some currencies but I think they are very thin.

DM said...

Kevin, it is looking like SLV may experience a bloodbath today. It may go below 127--which I think is close to your stop? I am going to watch SLV closely from now through the end of the week. I just am not sure what would turn traders bullish on the metal given the change in the interest rate/inflation picture so I find that a little worrisome.

DM said...

Whoops!

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites