Monday, April 16, 2007

GOOG Update



I bought GOOG at 473.11 today based on my inside week break out method. There are two places you can place your stop. If you want to keep the risk low, you can place your stop right below today's low. The method really requires to give this trade room which means you have to place the stop below last week's low. I might split the position in two and use both stops. In other words, if GOOG sells off, I might exit half the position if today's low is broken and I'll keep my stop for the remaining half below last weeks low.

I'll exit the trade on Friday next week...not this Friday but the following Friday. Keep in mind GOOG has earnings on Thursday April 19th, so expect volatility and a possible large gap. Depending if I am profitable on the position or not going into earnings will determine if I will hold onto the trade. If GOOG is against me or if I am flat on the position right before earnings, I will most likely exit the trade. I'm not looking for trouble. I need Google to move up tomorrow and Wednesday so I can have a cushion going into earnings. If I don't have much of a cushion I am out!

No comments:

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites