Wednesday, January 03, 2007

QQQQ...Nasdaq Retracement Levels Hold



Last week I commented that usually markets retrace 50% of a bearish engulfment before heading back down. I said I was waiting for a rally to short QQQQ at 50%.
Well we got the rally and I shorted some at 50% and at .618.. The fibonacci levels held perfectly and I pretty much shorted the highs today in QQQQ. This is one of my favorite trades and works more times than not with amazing accuracy. It's not often I make a dollar profit in QQQQ in just one day. The market fell out of bed in the afternoon but managed to bounce a little going into the close. QQQQ closed below its 50 day moving average on good volume and a large trading range for the day.. I'm going to hold this trade and see how much more downside there is if any.

7 comments:

ewaver said...

Nice trade!

Kevin said...

Hey Zen...Did you delete some of your earlier posts today?

ewaver said...

No why?

Kevin said...

I looked at your blog this morning and thought I saw a post on a weak december is bullish for the nasdaq in January for the first 3 days. I was going to post the link on my blog.

ewaver said...

its there, just have to scroll down a bit.

http://zentrader13.blogspot.com/2007/01/santa-in-january.html

chronictown said...

kevin, do the fib. lines become stronger resistance as the QQQQ,s bounce off and reverse? great posts, Thanks, Chris

Kevin said...

I think the more times any level is tested it actually becomes weaker. Think of support or resistance as a wrecking ball smashing into a wall. The more times the wrecking ball hits the wall, the weaker it gets.. I feel support and resistance works the same way. If QQQQ were to rally back up to the .618 retracement, I would be hesitant to short it again.

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites