Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Nasdaq



The nasdaq has been consolidating for the past few weeks...In fact, the nasdaq is trading within the range of the first 3 days of the month.. If you look at the above chart you will see an eight month daily nasdaq chart. In the lower panel is the bollinger band width which is bascially showing how far apart the bollinger bands are.. The bollinger bands are not shown on the above chart to avoid too many lines.. Notice when the BB Width is low, the nasdaq is consolidating or contracting.. Right now we have one of the lowest readings on the chart..Trending moves are usually born from such low readings.. Normally I'd be on alert for a trending move, but because it's December, my gut feeling tells me we will continue to go sideways for the remainder of the month.. This usually happens every year at this time as volume dries up... I'll still watch for a breakout just incase a move does happen before January, but experience tells me not to hold my breath waiting..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello my name is Shariq Pak.

I am interesting in advertising on your blog. Please email me if you are interested.

Sharkyriq@yahoo.com

Sincerely

Shariq Pak

Unknown said...

I bought dozens of Mar07 calls in Dec8 to bet on Nasdaq will get to at least 1900 before New Year as well as loaded a few QQQQ since Early Nov and wait for 46 mark. I am confident it will get there. :) cross my fingers.

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites