Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Holiday Wish

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who take the time out to visit my blog and read what I have to say. What's great about blogging is that I get to meet people who share the same passion as I do which is trading and studying the markets. I'm a life long student of the market and the market will always be my teacher.

As we approach the end of the year some of us did well and others may have struggled in the market. For those of you who have struggled, just hang in there..you're not alone.. we've all been there and things will turn around if you continue to work hard.

Don't ever forget what is really important in life...things such as health, making someone smile, making someone laugh, giving instead of receiving and being there for your friends and family. I wish all of you a Happy Holiday Season and a prosperous New Year!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great service, Happy Holidays and I look forward to your valuable input in 2007

ewaver said...

Nice work. I enjoy reading your blog.

croom said...

Happy Holidays,
About Nem, I'm in the January 50's. When do you think these January 50's in Newmont Mining will turn around and go back up? I want them to go to around 1.00 and then I'd like to sell. Any thoughts? Thanks

Kevin said...

Hi Croom,

The problem with buying options in December is that markets usually chop around on low volume which means if you own options, time decay will erode your premium. This has happened to me many times which is why I try to avoid buying options around this time of year. You are better off selling options in most cases as long as the implied volatility is high enough.

Nem has pulled back a little. The trend is still up as long as 43.50 holds. Lets hope the dollar gets hit in early January so you can get some of your option premium back before they expire. Option buying is such a tough game and can be frustrating.

Blain Reinkensmeyer said...

Kevin,

Happy Holidays to you as well! I just came across your blog and love your content. I run a Nonprofit Organization dedicated to stocks, investing, and the like and would like to get in contact with you. I think our members should know more about your work.

Please shoot me an email when you get a few minutes free, "staff@falkininvesting.com". Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

-Blain

Money-Making Ideas

DISCLAIMER

This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Trading and investing involves high levels of risk. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.
 
Google
Technorati Profile Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites